Tuesday, January 4, 2011

T minus 6 days


As 2011 begins and as I do my last minute running around packing and saying my goodbyes, I look ahead with great anticipation of what’s to come in 2011. In less than a week I will set off to another amazing Continent – Africa.  I will be taking part in Watoto 360*.      
Back track -->  I am a graduate!!  I still can’t believe that I am done University I have experienced 4 amazing years going to St. Clair College where I enjoyed working a lot to save for University keeping busy with attending classes and hanging out with friends. Then I took a big jump and went to Brisbane for 2 years where I studied hard to become a primary school teacher, worked in child care and became involved at Hillsong Brisbane!!  I learned so much during these years about teaching plus about God, work, life, people and much more. My heart’s desire has always been standing up for Children’s rights and for those who cannot speak for themselves.  Knowing I wanted to serve at Watoto orphanage and work with children after graduating God has opened so many doors for me to serve and grow in Uganda. I am so excited for this new adventure and know I cannot even begin to fathom how God is going to work in me and through me during the next 5 months.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda--we are so proud of you. I am so glad that you have set this blog up to keep us in contact with your adventures--your excitment and your prayer requests. Looking forward to sharing your life with you.
    Love
    Aunt Sherrill and Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by to say good-bye. You are an amazing girl and we will keep you close to our hearts and in our prayers. Keep your new little scissors (etc)with you at all times to remember us.
    Love
    Uncle Gary and Aunt SSK

    ReplyDelete